Friday, April 27, 2007
1. I met my best friend, when we were chasing after the same guy. We each thought that the other hated her, but somehow managed to get together anyways. In the end we found out that some friendships can be better and stronger then relationships!
2. I used to chew my fingernails...I mean really chew my fingernails...they would actually bleed because I chewed them to low. And I didn't really quit until I was in my 20's, unfortunately if I get really stressed then I look down and usually have chewed one off again.
3. I have had a weight problem all my life. I love food. Any kind of food. I especially love junk food, like chocolate, chips, gummy candies, pop, baking, and anything with cheese. It is a never ending battle. Before Christmas I had lost 95 pounds, but since moving to Bienfait, I have put 20 pounds back on. It makes me miserable, but sometimes I just can't make myself stop eating.
4. I am short. I am only 4 feet 10 1/2 inches. Whenever I tell someone how tall I am, I tell them not to forget the 1/2 an inch, because someone who is only 4 foot 10 inches is considered a little person, and I want everyone to know that I am not a little person!! I'm just vertically deficient or vertically challenged.
5. I have 2 dogs whom are spoiled rotten. All they have to do is cry, and my husband or I run to get them a treat. One of them even sleeps in our bed, right between me and my husband!
6. I love to bake, but have an incredibly hard time cooking. I can bake cakes, donuts, bread, cookies, cheesecakes, muffins or any other type of treat that you can think of, but I sit at home after work and I can't find something to make for supper. Nothing looks easy enough, and nothing seems appetizing. And I don't know how to stuff a bird, or put a coating on chicken or fish, or marinate something. Everytime I try to cook a roast, it either gets way overdone and hard, or I put it in my slow cooker and it falls apart. I just don't know what to cook and spend time every week just looking at the meat at the store, but never really buy anything.
7. I buy way to many craft supplies. I have been buying things forever, but I never have time to use them. I have many collections of craft supplies...everthing from candle making, soap making, cross stitching, plastic canvas, knitting, crocheting, wood and paint for woodcrafts, and anything you could ever want for cardmaking and scrapbooking. And when something new comes out, I just go crazy until I can buy it. I'm obsessed!! I just wish I had the time and energy to actually use some of the wonderful stuff I buy.
Well, there are my 7 things, it wasn't as hard as I thought. Now, I'm supposed to tag someone else....but, I think that this round of tag has gone all over the place already. So if anyone reading this blog hasn't been tagged, then TAG you are it and it's your turn!!! Good Luck!!!
Sunday, April 22, 2007
I really like how this card turned out. I used Prismacolor Pencils and Odourless mineral spirits for the coloring. Also on the present, cake and flowers..I used my Sakura Stardust Clear pen (for a little added interest). I found some patterned paper from my stash -no idea where its from, if I had to guess - I would say its from Michaels - cause most of my pattered paper is from there. I used my Stampin' Up! marker to doodle beneath the patterned paper and my White Gel Pen from Stampin' Up! to make the dots on the side of the chickens. Cardstock is from Stampin' Up!
I have one more card to show you. This card is the same as the top card, except it is a congratulations card. I have a friend who just got a job as the Accountant at the Co-op in Canora, AND a brother who just passed his exams with the CNR, so he is going to be a Conductor!! Everyone needs a card!! And I love the new set I got from CTMH because it has some cute sayings.
I hope whomever gets this card, likes it! Oh, and Thanks to my Mom, cause I borrowed her Penny Black stamp, and I just love this image!! Mom, it will be interesting to see the cards you make with this stamp too!
Saturday, April 21, 2007
Wednesday, April 18, 2007
Friday, April 13, 2007
Sunday, April 01, 2007
I also want to share one more card with you. I received this card from my friend, Cindy Baillie. She gave it to me on my last day of work in Melville. It is soooo cute, and I love that the image is actually paper that she bought. I thought she had stamped it. Also the writing on the card is done by her, doesn't she have excellent calligraphy skills. Mine never looks this good!!
The paper that Cindy used is by Rusty Pickle and is called Let's Do Lunch. And, after she gave me this card, she also gave me a whole page of the paper too (and a few other papers by Rusty Pickle). What a great friend, I am so lucky!!! Hey Cin, if you read this... I miss you girl!!