Tuesday, July 31, 2007
This new tag is a pay it forward type of tag, where I have to make a RAK (random act of kindness) for someone...it can be for family, a friend, a fellow blogger or just someone I know, and then I have to tag 5 other ladies to participate too!!
I will get my card out by the weekend, cause I have been way to busy lately!!
Now to tag 5 others......
Kristine (ink something)
Jody (confessions of a ribbon addict)
Janet (Janet's cards and layouts)
Penny & Lisa (two stampin' sisters)
I think that last one counts as 2, so I guess I tagged six people...oops, guess I can't count...lol...
Inks: SU classic basic black and whisper white craft ink, Prismacolor Pencils and odorless mineral spirits, SU basic black marker, Sakura stardust clear gel pen. (I'm sure you can't tell, but I used the stardust pen to color in the bride's hairpiece, shoes, dress and the grooms shoes and tissue, also I colored around the scallops made with the punches and the photo corners - this is one very shiny card...sorry you can't see it in the photo!!!)
Paper: SU basic black and whisper white, DCWV the glitter stack, Imagine that textured cardstock.
Accessories: May arts ribbon, Prima flowers, brads.
Tools: Cuttlebug, SU ticket corner punch and word window punch, Marvy Mega and Giga ovals.
Thursday, July 19, 2007
I got nominated for the rockin' girl blogger award by Ila. Thanks so much Mom!!!
I now need to nominate 5 other bloggers too. I am so excited...there are so many that I love!!Here goes.....
Kristine at http://inksomething.blogspot.com/
Janet at http://cardsandlayouts.blogspot.com/
I check out soooo many blogs that it was hard to choose just 5!! I hope you enjoy checking these ladies out...their creations are awesome!!
Wednesday, July 18, 2007
The first one is a wedding card for my cousin Julie who is getting married to Travis this weekend.
Stamps: SU happy harmony, Autumn Leaves swirls by rhonna farrer
Paper: SU whisper white, almost amethyst, sage shadow, and bravo burgundy
Ink: SU basic black, almost amethyst, sage shadow, and bravo burgundy
Accessories: unknown brads, SU silver cord
The second one is for a friend's friend who has a Mom that just passed away...man I hope you understood that one!! I just love this set, and think it is good for so many different occasions!
Stamps: SU happy harmony, french script, warmest regards
Paper: SU almost amethyst, certainly celery, and whisper white. MME magnolia paterned paper??
Ink: SU basic black, almost amethyst, sage shadow
Accessories: SU silver cord, may arts ribbon, ticket corner punch
I hope you like both my cards, I know I had lots of fun making them!!
This is what I used:
Stamps: Close to my Heart - Card Sentiments
Paper: EK Success - Harley-Davidson, SU Basic Black Cardstock
Inks: SU Craft Whisper White
Accessories: Harley-Davidson Stickers, Copper Eyelets, Sakura Silver Gel Pen, Ric Rac from Walmart
I think I will have another card ready to hopefully post tomorrow!!
Wednesday, July 11, 2007
Stamps: Autumn Leaves - flowers stamps by rhonna farrer, CTMH for every occasion
Inks: SU Basic Black, Close to Cocoa, Mellow Moss, Sakura Stardust Gel Pens
Paper: SU Mellow Moss, Pumpkin Pie, and Bashful Blue, DCWV Pockets full of Posies
Accessories: Creative Impressions brads, May arts ribbon, stitching, Prima pixie tin flowers
Thank you everyone, for all the kind comments and for signing up for regular updates on my blog!! It really means alot!!
Monday, July 09, 2007
Well here goes anyways.....
1. I am obsessive with my food when I eat. What I mean is that I have to eat all the food on my plate in a certain order, and I don't like to eat a little of this and a little of that. I normally eat my veggies, then the pasta or potatoes and then finally the meat. I don't know why I do this, I just do. I think I am saving what I feel is the best for last, but sometimes, my eyes are way to big for my stomach, and I seem to run out of room before I get to the best part. I watch people take a bit of potatoes, then a bite of a veggie and then a bite of their meat and keep on doing it until they are done eating, but I just can't do that!!
2. I love to read. When I was in junior high school, there was a competition and we had to mark down the number of books we read. I won, because in 30 days, I read OVER 30 books...and these weren't really small books...they averaged about 250 pages each. I still love to read now, but I don't get nearly the same amount of time, as I did then. I still have a problem with starting a book and read it until its done. Most books only last me 2 to 3 days!!
3. I love working with numbers. I was an office clerk in Melville for 12 years, and before that I worked as a cashier for 4 years...and my cashups were always really good because I took the time to double check things and really love work with numbers ...and MONEY too!!
4. I just bought a pool. We just bought it at Walmart in Estevan. It cost 199.99 and is 3 feet deep and 16 feet across. Dusten and I always wanted a hot tub...but can't afford one, so I think this will be the next best thing.
5. I am an amazing baker. I can bake cheesecakes, slices, pies, cakes, cookies, cinnamon buns, donuts, etc. etc. - they always taste amazing and I always have people asking for my recipies. I really enjoy baking and think that it relieves stress. Only problem is then I have to eat it too, and neither me nor Dusten need that kind of food!!
6. I hate it when my husband watches TV. All he ever seems to watch is wrestling, speed vision, racing, sports of any kind, and the darn bounty hunter show. I don't usually watch TV with him because it seems like that is all he watches. I have a computer in the living room and I get annoyed when I am playing on the computer and have to listen to racing or wrestling at the same time. Also seems like he is usually not watching it either, he always seems to start snoring. But if I ever tried to turn it off, I would get my butt kicked.
7. I have 2 sisters and 2 brothers, and they are each amazing people in their own way. I wouldn't trade them for the world!! I also have some pretty great parents, who decided that they wanted a big family, when most famillies were starting to have 2-3 kids, my parents instead had 5, I sure am grateful. (of which I am the oldest!!!)
I feel that enough people have been tagged, so I am not going to tag anyone. If you haven't been tagged, but wish you were, then consider this your tag and get to work posting!!
Wednesday, July 04, 2007
Accessories: brads, prima flowers, may arts ribbon, SU Signo Gel Pen
Sunday, July 01, 2007
My cousin and his wife just had a baby. I needed to hurry up and make a baby card - I sure wish I was so ahead of the game - that I already had some done...unfortunately that's never the way it happens. I am always scrambling to get one done as soon as possible.
Stamps: Penny Black - Nap Time, SU Warm Words