Saturday, April 21, 2007

Another Cow Card

I made a card for my brother, James the other day. It is going to be James' 31st birthday on April 27th. He owns a store in Melville called "The Peddler Shop", in it he rents movies, fixes bikes, sells toys and games, sells some crafts and scrapbooking supplies, has a full confectionery store, and he sells just about anything that anyone asks for. I think people joke that if they ask for it, James will get it. James is an awesome brother that will do just about anything for anyone, and I am very lucky to have him in my life!!
So, here is the card.....

I again colored the cow and chicken stamp from Penny Black with Prismacolor pencils and odourless mineral spirits. Then I distressed the edges of the background papers with my Stampin' Up! distressing tool and ink. The Happy Birthday is from another Stampin' Up! set and has been stamped on a tag cut out with my beloved cuttlebug. I used hemp twine from Stampin' Up! instead of ribbon...had to make the card look more masculine...lol.
I just love Penny Black stamps, they are so beautiful!! I am going to have some more cards made with a couple more Penny Black stamps in the next little while, so I hope you enjoy them!! Have a great weekend!

No comments: